What is ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System?
ISO 22000:2018 is the newly revised International Food Safety standard, designed to harmonize on a global scale the requirements for food safety management for businesses within the food chain.
ISO 22000 combines and supplements the core elements of ISO 9001 and HACCP to provide an effective framework for the development, implementation, monitorization and continual improvement of a documented Food Safety Management System (FSMS) within the context of the organization’s overall business risks.
ISO 22000 certification is intended for organizations seeking to establish a more focused, coherent and integrated FSMS than is normally required by law. The standard requires meeting any applicable food safety related statutory and regulatory criteria into its food safety system.
Benefits of ISO 22000:2018?
- Cuts investigation time to a minimum (The management system helps you to reduce food safety breach investigation time).
- Customer satisfaction (Deliver products that consistently meet customer requirements and a service that is dependable and can be relied on)
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier (Certification is recognized internationally and accepted throughout industry supply chains, setting industry benchmarks for sourcing suppliers)
- Proven business credentials (Independent verification against a globally recognized industry standard speaks volumes)
- Legal compliance (Understand how statutory and regulatory requirements impact your organization and its customers)
- Ability to win more business (Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification opens doors)
- Respond to situations (Ideal for responding to situations that can compromise the food safety of both products and production processes)